Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
1. Place flour, sugar, butter, baking powder and salt in the mixer bowl. Attach the flat beater and mixer bowl to the mixer. Set to speed 2 and beat until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until dough forms a ball.
2. On a floured work surface, roll out dough into a 13- by 9-inch (33 by 23 cm) rectangle. Carefully fold twice so it is easier to transfer to the prepared pan. Unfold into the pan, pressing evenly into the bottom and 1 inch (2.5 cm) up the sides. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
3. Prepare the filling: Place brown sugar and butter in clean mixer bowl. Remove the flat beater and attach the whip and mixer bowl to the mixer. Set to speed 4 and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in maple syrup. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Remove the mixer bowl. Using a rubber spatula, stir in pecans, cranberries and salt until evenly incorporated.
4. Pour filling into dough and spread evenly in the pan. Bake in lower third of preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until pastry is golden and filling is set. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 4 weeks.
Nutritional information is based on 24 servings.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today