Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Recipe by: Nick Malgieri, David Joachim | from Perfect Light Desserts: Fabulous Cakes, Cookies, Pies, and More Made with Real Butter, Sugar, Flour, and Eggs, All Under 300 Calories Per Generous ServingCookstr
Turn to these moist, chewy bars when you want the perfect snack. The dried cranberries add a tangy note that makes them really satisfying on their own or with a cup of tea or coffee.
1. Set a rack in the middle level of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
2. Stir the oats, flour, pecans, cranberries, and baking soda together in a bowl.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and brown sugar with a large rubber spatula. Beat in the egg, then the applesauce, cinnamon, and ginger.
4. Stir in the dry ingredients and scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Smooth the top.
5. Bake the bars for about 25 minutes, or until they are firm when pressed with a fingertip.
6. Cool in the pan on a rack.
7. Invert to a cutting board and peel off the paper.
8. Use a ruler to cut into 2-inch bars.
STORAGE: Keep the bars between sheets of wax paper in a tin or plastic container with a tight-fitting cover.
Nutritional information is provided by the author.
Per bar: 163 calories, 7 g total fat (39% of calories), 2 g saturated fat, 3 g protein, 24 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 14 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.