Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
These cookies are quick to make, fun to eat and they’re so easy that Bev’s 10 year old daughter Lisa can make them on her own.
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
1. In a small bowl, combine flour, wheat bran and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together margarine, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and mix well; stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture and blend thoroughly. Stir in oats and cranberries.
3. Drop heaping teaspoons of cookie dough on prepared cookie sheets, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
To freeze: When completely cool, transfer to freezer containers; seal, label and date. Freeze for up to 8 months.
To serve: Thaw in containers at room temperature.
From Dietitians of Canada: Great Food Fast
Here’s a tip from Ruby Bruce of South Lake, PEI: If you’re looking for a supply of freshly baked cookies, make up a batch of your favorite cookie dough and bake some of your favorite cookies for immediate enjoyment. Form remaining cookie dough into small balls, place on cookie sheets and freeze. When frozen, put into a container and store in the freezer. Whenever you want a dozen freshly baked cookies, remove cookie balls from freezer, let thaw and bake.Variation:
Substitute ½ cup (125 mL) chocolate chips or your favorite chopped nuts for the dried cranberries. If using nuts, check for nut allergies before serving.
Nutritional information is based on 36 servings.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today