A tangy sauce traditionally served with turkey.
Yield: Makes about 2 cups
- 12 oz (336g) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup hearty red wine or port
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
1. Bring the cranberries, shallot, brown sugar, wine, and orange zest and juice and to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring often to dissolve the sugar.
2. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring, for 10–12 minutes, or until all of the cranberries skins have burst. Let cool.
3. Transfer to a bowl and serve chilled or at room temperature.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Can be covered and refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Good with grilled poultry and pork.
Freezing Information: freeze for up to 2 months.
Nutritional information is based on 16 servings.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
2mcg RAE (0%)