Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
Good creamed spinach is one of the most soothing dishes ever invented. To capture the delicate essence of spinach, the time-consuming labor of washing, stemming, sorting, and chopping fresh leaves is a must.
1. Place the spinach leaves in a steamer and cook over simmering water just until wilted, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain well, cool slightly, and chop.
2. Melt the butter in a medium-size heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the scallions, and sauté for 5 minutes. Break the cream cheese into small pieces, add it to the skillet, and stir until melted and smooth. Add the spinach to the skillet, and stir well to combine. Stir in the cream and lemon juice, then season with the salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Cook just until heated through, 5 to 7 minutes. Serve at once.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
This recipe serves 8. Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today