Photo by: Joseph De Leo
Many sour cream– and cream cheese–based dips served with crudités are taboo for the lactose intolerant. But you won’t miss those ingredients with this yummy dip.
Yield: Makes about 2 cups (500 mL)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups (500 mL) light mayonnaise
- ¼ (50 mL) cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) minced fresh tarragon
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) freshly ground black pepper
1. In a food processor, using pulsing action, purée green onions, garlic, mayonnaise, parsley, tarragon, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Variation: Experiment with a variety of herbs, such as basil and thyme.
© 2006 Jan Main
To reduce fat, use light mayonnaise.
If fresh tarragon is not available, use 1 tbsp (15 mL) dried.
Make Ahead: Spoon into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Nutritional information is provided by the author.
Nutritional value Per serving (2 tbsp/25 mL)
Dietary Fiber 0g
Calcium 6 mg
Percent of calories from