This easy-to-make dish is great as an appetizer or snack.
Yield: Makes 12–16 crostini
- 2/3 cup pitted green olives
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Grated zest of ½ lemon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 baguette slices, toasted
- 6 yellow or red cherry tomatoes, roasted, to garnish (optional)
1. Puree the olives, garlic, lemon zest, oil, and basil into a food processor. Season with pepper.
2. Spread the tapenade over the baguette slices. Garnish each one with a roasted cherry tomato half (if using).
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Good with pre-dinner drinks, and especially Champagne.
Nutritional information is based on 16 servings, 1 crostini each.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
4mcg RAE (0%)