Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Yeasty, spongy crumpets are cooked on top of the stove. Crumpet rings are available online.
1. Whisk the bread and all-purpose flours and yeast together. Stir in the milk and ¾ tepid water. Cover and let stand in a warm place until the mixture has risen and begun to deflate. Dissolve the baking soda and salt in the remaining tepid water and whisk into the batter.
2. Heat a large griddle over medium heat. Have ready four 4in (10cm) crumpet rings. Lightly oil the pan with oiled paper towels. Put the rings in the pan.
3. Pour the batter into a glass measuring cup. Pour enough batter into each ring to come about ½–¾ in (1–2cm) up the sides. Cook for about 8 minutes, or until the batter has set all the way through and the top is covered in holes. If no bubbles appear the batter is too dry; stir a little water into the remaining batter.
4. Lift the rings off the crumpets. Turn the crumpets and cook for about 3 minutes more, or until just golden. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve warm. (If desired, cool the crumpets, split and toast them.)
Freeze for up to 1 month
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.