Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
Inspired by the yogurt-based raitas of India, I created this pale green, frothy sauce with soft tofu rather than the traditional yogurt. When my friends from Bombay gave it their thumbs up, I felt even more convinced about tofu’s potential to please those who wish to include more soy in their diets or avoid dairy products.
1. In a blender, puree the tofu, cucumbers, 4 tablespoons of the lime juice, oil, mint, cilantro, mustard, and salt. Adjust the seasonings to your taste by adding more mustard, lime juice, and salt.
2. Refrigerate the mixture for at least ½ hour before serving. It keeps well for up to 3 days.
Serve chilled as a refreshing hot-weather soup. Or, thin slightly with water and serve as a drink.
Use as a salad dressing for greens or sliced tomatoes.
I created this sauce to serve alongside the Skillet Grain Medley with Curried Tempeh, where it creates a refreshing counterpart to the dense texture of the grains. Prepare it at least a half hour in advance to give the flavors a chance to meld.
Be sure to use standard, watery cucumbers--not the burpless kind--and don’t remove the seeds.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 32 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.