Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
Looking for a way to repurpose leftover cooked chicken or turkey? Toss it with a sprightly curry sauce, tuck it into a whole wheat wrap, and no one will be the wiser. If you're lacking leftovers, prepare chicken breasts as directed in the recipe.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Rub the chicken breasts with the oil, then season both sides with a little salt and pepper. Place in a shallow baking pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until no longer pink in the center. Set chicken aside to cool.
2. For curry sauce, in a small bowl combine the mustard, mayonnaise dressing, sour cream, honey, curry powder, vinegar, salt, cinnamon, and pepper. Set aside.
3. Cut the chicken breasts into thin strips. In a medium bowl combine the chicken, cranberries, almonds, and scallions.
4. Add the curry sauce to the chicken mixture and mix well. Place about ¾ cup of the chicken mixture on each tortilla, then top with some of the spinach. Roll up and halve crosswise.
If sandwiches have become ho-hum in your home, branch out a little. Package your kids favorite sandwich "insides" in something new, like whole wheat tortillas or pita bread. Or add a surprising new flavor with a fresh herb or a new green, such as arugula, watercress, or spinach.
Nutrition Faces per half wrap: 234 cal., 8 g total fat (1 g sat. fat). 29 mg chol.. 562 mg sodium, 27 g carbo., 3 g fiber, 16 g pro.
Daily Values: 7% vit. A, 5% vit. C, 5% calcium, 11% iron
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.