Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
This soup is a treasure trove of antioxidants, derived from the cauliflower, a cruciferous vegetable, and the pumpkin puree, rich in beta-carotene.
1. In a large nonstick saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Remove cauliflower to a bowl.
2. Add onion and curry powder to the saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add 2 cups of the broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Let cool slightly.
3. Working in batches, puree the onion mixture in a blender or small food processor until smooth. Return the mixture to the saucepan.
4. Stir in the remaining 2 cups broth, pumpkin, salt, and cauliflower. Bring to a boil. Then lower heat, cover, and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
Serving Suggestions: For a garnish, spoon plain soy yogurt on top and dollop with a little chutney.
Make-Ahead Tip: Soup can be refrigerated for up to three days.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information does not include Vegetable Broth. For nutritional information on Vegetable Broth, please follow the link above.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.