Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Crisp and delicious, you could make a double batch of these fritters for a party platter.Good with a little dish of your favorite dipping sauce. These fritters are delicious as an appetizer and also make a good accompaniment to grilled or fried fish or chicken.
1. Stir the yeast into the warm water in a small bowl and set aside for 10 minutes, or until foamy.
2. Put the flour in a large bowl and make a well in the center. Pour the dissolved yeast into the well and gradually incorporate the flour. Cover with a kitchen towel and let stand at room temperature about 1 hour, until foamy.
3. Pour enough oil into a large frying pan to come about one-third up the sides. Heat over high heat until the oil is 350°F (180°C) on a deep-frying thermometer. Stir down the batter, and season with salt and pepper. Working in batches, dip the zucchini slices in the batter and fry them for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden.
4. Drain the fried zucchini slices on paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving, and 1 cup vegetable oil for frying.