Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Crisp and delicious, you could make a double batch of these fritters for a party platter.Good with a little dish of your favorite dipping sauce. These fritters are delicious as an appetizer and also make a good accompaniment to grilled or fried fish or chicken.
1. Stir the yeast into the warm water in a small bowl and set aside for 10 minutes, or until foamy.
2. Put the flour in a large bowl and make a well in the center. Pour the dissolved yeast into the well and gradually incorporate the flour. Cover with a kitchen towel and let stand at room temperature about 1 hour, until foamy.
3. Pour enough oil into a large frying pan to come about one-third up the sides. Heat over high heat until the oil is 350°F (180°C) on a deep-frying thermometer. Stir down the batter, and season with salt and pepper. Working in batches, dip the zucchini slices in the batter and fry them for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden.
4. Drain the fried zucchini slices on paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving, and 1 cup vegetable oil for frying.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today