Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Everyone enjoys these popular cocktail party treats.
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Mix the chutney, mustard, and cayenne, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Make a small slit in each dried plum and stuff with a little of the chutney mixture. Wrap each with a bacon strip and secure with a toothpick. Place the wrapped dried plums on an oiled baking sheet.
3. Bake for 10–12 minutes, turning them after 5 minutes, until the bacon is crisp.
4. Meanwhile, toast the bread. Remove the crusts, and using a 2 in (5cm) cookie cutter, cut out 12 rounds. Butter the toast rounds and top each one with a bacon-wrapped plum. Sprinkle each with a little cayenne pepper and serve warm.
Angels on Horseback
Replace the prunes with 16 shucked oysters, and leave out the chutney. Lightly season the oysters with black pepper, then wrap a strip of bacon around each, securing it with a toothpick. Place on a baking sheet, and bake for 5–7 minutes, taking care not to overcook the oysters. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, and serve hot.
Prepare ahead: Place the wrapped dried plums on a baking sheet, and refrigerate for up to 4 hours before baking.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 16 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today