Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Everyone enjoys these popular cocktail party treats.
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Mix the chutney, mustard, and cayenne, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Make a small slit in each dried plum and stuff with a little of the chutney mixture. Wrap each with a bacon strip and secure with a toothpick. Place the wrapped dried plums on an oiled baking sheet.
3. Bake for 10–12 minutes, turning them after 5 minutes, until the bacon is crisp.
4. Meanwhile, toast the bread. Remove the crusts, and using a 2 in (5cm) cookie cutter, cut out 12 rounds. Butter the toast rounds and top each one with a bacon-wrapped plum. Sprinkle each with a little cayenne pepper and serve warm.
Angels on Horseback
Replace the prunes with 16 shucked oysters, and leave out the chutney. Lightly season the oysters with black pepper, then wrap a strip of bacon around each, securing it with a toothpick. Place on a baking sheet, and bake for 5–7 minutes, taking care not to overcook the oysters. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, and serve hot.
Prepare ahead: Place the wrapped dried plums on a baking sheet, and refrigerate for up to 4 hours before baking.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 16 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today