Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
This makes a lot! Refrigerate or freeze any extra in a tightly covered container. (Freezing it in individual serving-size containers can be very convenient for future spontaneous dinners.) It reheats well.
1. Place a large saucepan or soup pot over medium-high heat and wait 2 minutes. Add the oil and wait about 30 seconds, then add the onion, peppers, and salt. Cook, stirring often, for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the onions are translucent and both the onions and peppers are beginning to soften.
2. Add the chili powder, garlic, cumin, oregano, basil, and cayenne; sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, and vegetable broth, and bring to a boil.
4. Add all the beans, and bring to a boil again. Reduce the heat, partially cover the pot, and let the chili simmer gently for 20 minutes-or as long as 1 hour. (If simmering longer, give it a stir every 10 minutes or so to see if it needs some additional stock.)
5. Grind in some black pepper, and taste to adjust the salt. Serve hot.
Protein: 10 g / Saturated Fat: 1 g /
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g /
Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g /
Dietary Fiber: 10 g / Calories: 211
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.