Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
This popular Chinese-style rice dish is an excellent way to use up leftover rice. Good with all stir-fried dishes, such as beef with peppers, or chicken with cashew nuts.
1. Heat a wok or large frying pan over a high heat until very hot. Add the oil and swirl around. Add the scallions and pepper and stir–fry for 2 minutes, or until softened but not colored.
2. Add the rice to the wok and stir-fry about 5 minutes until heated through. Push the rice away from the center of the wok, pour in the eggs, and stir until scrambled and set.
3. Once the eggs are scrambled, toss all the ingredients together, add the soy sauce, and serve at once.
Variation: House Special Fried Rice
Add chopped celery, peas, corn, sliced napa cabbage, seeded and sliced mild jalapeño peppers, or any other leftover vegetables, along with cubes or strips of cooked meat or chicken. Add bean sprouts at the last minute or they will lose their crunchiness.
Caution: Make sure the rice is cold, not freshly made.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today