Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Members can print a free Rx discount card
Thanks to the veterans who served our country
Ever had trouble paying for
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
Because this is a country-style salad, lively and unrefined, the ingredients should be chopped into small chunks and pieces, not minced.
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Prick the eggplant once with a knife. Place it on a baking sheet in the oven and roast until the skin is wrinkled and the eggplant has collapsed, about 50 minutes. Remove and set aside until cool enough to handle.
3. Slit the eggplant open lengthwise and scrape the pulp from the skin. Coarsely chop the pulp and transfer it to a large bowl.
4. Coarsely chop the onion, garlic, and tomato. Add to the bowl, along with the parsley, mint, oregano, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper. Stir to blend. Serve right away, accompanied by the bread, or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Like so many Greek food mixtures, Eggplant Salad gains in flavor if the ingredients are allowed to sit together overnight.
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings and does not include; bread, pita, or crackers, for serving.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today