Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
Because this is a country-style salad, lively and unrefined, the ingredients should be chopped into small chunks and pieces, not minced.
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Prick the eggplant once with a knife. Place it on a baking sheet in the oven and roast until the skin is wrinkled and the eggplant has collapsed, about 50 minutes. Remove and set aside until cool enough to handle.
3. Slit the eggplant open lengthwise and scrape the pulp from the skin. Coarsely chop the pulp and transfer it to a large bowl.
4. Coarsely chop the onion, garlic, and tomato. Add to the bowl, along with the parsley, mint, oregano, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper. Stir to blend. Serve right away, accompanied by the bread, or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Like so many Greek food mixtures, Eggplant Salad gains in flavor if the ingredients are allowed to sit together overnight.
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings and does not include; bread, pita, or crackers, for serving.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.