Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
These chickpea fritters can be enjoyed tucked into pita bread.
1. Drain the soaked chickpeas. Process the chickpeas with the other ingredients until finely chopped but not purèed.
2. Transfer to a bowl. Let stand for at least 30 minutes (or up to 8 hours), covered in the refrigerator.
3. Pour enough oil into a large saucepan to come 2in (5cm) up the sides and heat over high heat to 350°F (170°C).
4. Moisten your hands with water and shape the mixture into 12 slightly flat balls. In batches, deep-fry in the oil about 3 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Serve hot.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 12 servings and 2 cups added oil for frying.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today