Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Fresh ingredients make the liveliest, best-tasting salasas. Corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, and cantaloupe(!) come together in a refreshing combination of flavors and textures. A dash of cumin, some lime juice, and a little oil pull it all together. Whether atop fish or in a taco, these new sauces add excitement and color to a dish!
1. Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil, add the corn, and cook until just tender, 2 minutes. Drain, run under cold water, and drain again. Pat dry.
2. Combine the corn, tomatoes, jalapeño, scallions, olive oil, lime juice, and cumin in a medium-size bowl. Refrigerate, covered, for up to 6 hours.
3. Shortly before serving, toss in the cucumber, cantaloupe, and mint, and season with salt and pepper.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 16 servings and includes 1/8 teaspoon added salt per cup.