This fresh-tasting Italian bulb works well with the creaminess of the sauce.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp finely chopped tarragon
- 1 tsp rinsed capers
- ½ tbsp chopped cornichons
- 1 large fennel bulb, finely shredded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and mustard together in a large bowl. Stir in the shallots, parsley, tarragon, capers, and cornichons.
2. Add the fennel and mix. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour, or until chilled. Serve cold.
Variation: Celery Root Remoulade
Blanch a celery root in salted boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain, pat dry, and cut into fine strips. Use instead of the fennel.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Prepare ahead: Refrigerate the ingredients, without the mayonnaise mixture, up to 1 day ahead. Add the mayonnaise mixture 1 hour before serving.
Good with crab cakes, smoked fish, or cold meats.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
18mcg RAE (1%)