Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Popular Middle Eastern snacks, these tasty filo pastries are filled with a sweet-savory mixture. Good with other Greek or Middle Eastern dishes as part of a mezze selection.
1. Cut the pumpkin flesh into very small dice and place in a small saucepan. Pour in enough water to barely cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain and let cool.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Mix the pumpkin, feta cheese, raisins, and cinnamon, and season with the pepper.
3. Stack the filo sheets on top of each other and cut the stack into 4 long strips, about 3in (7.5cm) wide for a total of 24 strips. Cover the strips with moistened paper towels.
4. Lightly dust a baking sheet with flour. Working with 1 strip at a time, brush the strip with butter. Place a heaping teaspoonful of the pumpkin and cheese mixture about 1in (2.5cm) from the bottom end. Fold over a corner of the strip diagonally to cover the filling and form a triangular pocket of filled pastry. Working upward, keep folding diagonally, from one side to the other, to retain the triangular shape, until all the pastry is folded, making sure any gaps in the pastry are pressed closed. Transfer the triangle to the baking sheet and cover with a damp paper towel. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
5. Butter another large baking sheet. Arrange the triangles on the buttered sheet. Brush with the remaining melted butter. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until crisp and golden. Serve hot or warm.
Cheese and Potato Pastries: Substitute finely diced potato or sweet potato for the pumpkin.
The pastries can be refrigerated up to 24 hours before baking.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 24 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today