Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
Mario Batali is a feisty, ponytailed redhead whose motto could be “the pasta course waits for nobody.” Mario hosted one of the first TVFN cooking shows, “Molto Mario,” where he entertained viewers with real-people cooking peppered with unintentionally hilarious asides. Po, his tiny converted diner in Greenwich Village, bustles with the exuberance of an Italian fishing village. Now his second New York success, the restaurant Babbo, is opened and thriving as well as a third, Lupa. When I’m desperate for dinner, this soothing, simple, and easy-to-shop-for recipe of his invariably comes to the rescue.
1. Heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté the garlic until soft but not burned. Add the shiitakes and cook until they give up their liquid, 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Pour in the stock and Cinzano: Bring to a boil and boil until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. The sauce should just coat the mushrooms.
3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drop in the fettuccine and bring back to a boil. Taste, and drain when it is slightly al dente but no longer crunchy, about 1 minute.
4. Over high heat, toss the arugula into the shiitake sauce until it just wilts. Pour the sauce over the drained pasta and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Serve hot.
Nutritional information does not include Light Chicken Stock. For nutritional information on Light Chicken Stock, please follow link above.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today