Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
A robust soup of assorted fish and shellfish partnered with Mediterranean flavorings.
1. Heat the butter with 1 tbsp of the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the fennel, leek, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until the fennel is tender and pale gold.
2. Stir in the tomatoes and soaked saffron and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the stock, brandy, orange zest, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and skim the surface. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. In a separate large saucepan, heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil with the wine over high heat until the wine boils. Add the mussels and cover. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until all the mussels have opened. Transfer the mussels to a bowl and strain the cooking liquid into the soup.
4. Add the fish and shrimp to the soup. Simmer gently for about 5 minutes, until they are just opaque. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into deep soup bowls and add equal amounts of the mussels to each.
5. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, and serve hot.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings and 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.