Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
Use a variety of fresh figs for this pudding-like dessert. The mixture of flavors sizes, and colors pleasing to the palate and to the eye.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously butter a 10-inch pie plate or other round shallow baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with 1 tablespoon of the sugar.
2. Whisk the milk, cream, eggs, and vanilla together in a large measuring cup or a bowl with a pouring spout until blended. Sift the flour, ¼ cup sugar, and the salt into a separate large bowl. Gradually whisk the milk mixture into the flour mixture until fairly smooth. Pour the batter through a strainer into the prepared pie plate, pressing down on any lumps of flour in the strainer to dissolve them.
3. Arrange the figs, cut side up, on top of the batter. Dot the surface with the pieces of butter.
4. Bake until the edges are puffed and golden and the clafouti is cooked in the center, 50 to 55 minutes. Transfer the dish to a wire rack, and sprinkle the top evenly with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar while it’s still warm. Serve warm or at room temperature, spooned onto serving plates.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
This recipe serves 8.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today