Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Members receive a Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage
Thanks to the veterans who served our country
Let us know how the new health care law helps you
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
When fresh peas are available on Nantucket, I can rarely restrain myself from popping them raw from the shell directly into my mouth. When I can muster up enough discipline, this is the way I like to cook farm peas.
1. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, just until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the peas, sugar, and chicken stock and simmer covered until the peas are barely tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the prosciutto and cook 1 minute longer.
3. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the peas and prosciutto to a warmed serving bowl. Reduce the liquid remaining in the saucepan over high heat to a thin syrupy glaze. Pour the glaze over the peas and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley and serve at once.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings and includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today