Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
When fresh peas are available on Nantucket, I can rarely restrain myself from popping them raw from the shell directly into my mouth. When I can muster up enough discipline, this is the way I like to cook farm peas.
1. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, just until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the peas, sugar, and chicken stock and simmer covered until the peas are barely tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the prosciutto and cook 1 minute longer.
3. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the peas and prosciutto to a warmed serving bowl. Reduce the liquid remaining in the saucepan over high heat to a thin syrupy glaze. Pour the glaze over the peas and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley and serve at once.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings and includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today