Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
In the Middle East, frying is the most common way of preparing fish. Fried fish is a simple Thursday night staple. A squeeze of lemon over the fish adds a bright note of freshness.
1. Rinse the fish and pat with paper towels until completely dry. Rub the fish with the garlic.
2. Combine the flour, salt, cumin, and Aleppo pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge the fish in the flour mixture, then shake off the excess.
3. Pour the vegetable oil into a large saucepan and heat over medium heat until the oil sizzles upon contact with a drop of water. Make sure that the oil is very hot so that the flour does not simply soak it up and become soggy.
4. Fry the fish in batches for 3 to 4 minutes, depending on the size of the fish. Turn over and fry for another 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the fish and drain on paper towels.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information for this recipe includes 1 teaspoon of added salt. This recipe serves 6.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.