Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
This moist apple cake is made special with a delicious crumbly streusel topping.
1. To make the topping, mix the flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl. Add the butter and rub it in. Shape into a thick disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Butter an 8-in (20cm) springform pan and line the bottom with wax paper. Peel and core the apples, and cut them into wedges.
3. Beat the butter, sugar, and lemon zest together until pale and creamy. Beat the eggs, one at a time, into the butter mixture. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together. Add to the bowl, along with the milk, and mix until smooth.
4. Spread half of the batter into the pan. Top with half of the apples. Repeat. Grate the streusel over the apples.
5. Bake for 45–50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let stand on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the sides of the pan and cool. Serve warm or cold.
Freezing Information: freeze, wrapped, for up to 6 months.
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today