Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
This recipe is traditionally served with soups and stews.
1. Preheat the oven to 275°F (140°C). Cut the rolls into small cubes. Spread on a baking sheet. Bake about 30 minutes, until crisp.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and onion and cook about 7 minutes. Stir in the herbs and let cool.
3. Beat the milk and egg together in a bowl. Add the bread cubes and bacon mixture and stir well. The dough should be firm enough to shape into dumplings; if it is too soft, stir in flour as needed.
4. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. With damp hands, form the dough into 8 dumplings. Add the dumplings to the water and cook about 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Drain carefully and serve hot.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.