Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
These light but sustaining dumplings are great for soaking up the delicious gravy from hearty casseroles and spicy goulashes. Good with sauerbraten with braised red cabbage.
1. Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted water about 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain well, and return the potatoes to the saucepan. Stir over low heat for 1 minute to evaporated the excess moisture. Mash the potatoes, then let them cool.
2. Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl. Add the egg, flour, semolina, and caraway seeds, and season with salt and pepper. Stir well. The mixture should hold its shape; if it doesn't, add a little more flour.
3. With floured hands, shape the mixture into 12 balls, then roll into sausage shapes. Place in a single layer on a plate. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4. To cook, bring a large saucepan of water a boil over high heat. Add the dumplings and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 15 minutes, until the dumplings are floating. Drain and serve hot.
Prepare ahead: You can refrigerate the uncooked dumplings for up to 2 hours .
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.