Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
Cider vinegar, salty bacon, and scallions lend their flavors to not-too-starchy Yukon Gold potatoes (that means Yukons hold up well in salads and hold flavor when mixed with other ingredients). Since there’s no mayonnaise, this is the perfect salad to take along to a picnic or tailgate party.
1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and pour over enough water to cover. Set the pan over high heat, bring to a boil, and let boil until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and, while still warm, transfer to a large bowl.
2. Add the scallions, bacon, vinegar, and oil and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or chilled.
Make it a meal kit: Make the salad and store in a sealable container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Have it your way: You may substitute red potatoes for the Yukon Golds if desired. You can also substitute red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar for the cider vinegar
Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.