Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Mark Shapiro
These chocolate cookies are the perfect size when you want something big and chocolaty. I like to serve them for dessert, lightly dusted with confectioner’s sugar. But even without the dusting their taste and texture is so light and airy, just like a cloud. Alternatively, you can make these much smaller, scooping them by the teaspoon.
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate, uncovered, on Medium (50%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, or until chocolate is soft and almost melted. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Let cool slightly.
2. In a large bowl, using electric mixer, whip egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, whipping until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into chocolate just until blended. Fold in coconut.
3. Scoop batter with ¼-cup (50 mL) measure and mound on prepared baking sheets, about 3 inches (7.5 cm) apart. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until puffed, cracked and lightly firm to the touch. Let cool completely on baking sheets on racks.
Don’t make these cookies on a rainy day, as the moisture will affect the cookies (they won’t be crisp, but will be sticky instead). These cookies are best eaten the day they’re made.
Do not remove these cookies from the baking sheets until they are completely cool. They are quite fragile and will break if you try to lift them off the parchment paper too early.
Nutritional information is based on a serving size of 1 cookie.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today