Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
This fragrant and flavorful hot drink will keep at a good serving temperature for several hours. To serve it “unspiked,” simply omit the ginger brandy. If you can’t find peach tea, substitute another complementary tea, such as an herbal lemon tea or even regular orange pekoe tea. You could also use ginger tea to intensify the ginger flavor.
1. Combine the tea and boiling water in a teapot or other heatproof container until steeped, about 10 minutes.
2. Strain the tea into the slow cooker and add the fresh ginger, brown sugar, peach juice, and lemon juice. Cover and cook on Low until hot, 1 to 2 hours.
3. When ready to serve, scoop the ginger slices out of the liquid and add the ginger brandy. Turn the heat down to the Keep Warm setting if your slow cooker has that function; otherwise, keep it on Low to serve. Float lemon slices on the top, if desired.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today