Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
Edamame beans are high in protein and a favorite with kids. Most families are familiar with these beans by now. However, if you are not, add them to your diet in this dish or as a high-protein snack with a shake of salt - delicious! Ginger adds a snappy flavor and aids in digestion. The combination together is fresh and fun.
1. If you have a rice cooker, place all ingredients in except edamame. If not, bring water, rice and ginger to a boil.
2. Turn down to low, cover with a tight lid, and cook 25 minutes for sushi rice or 35 minutes for brown rice.
3. Toss edamame in when rice is almost cooked.
4. Cover and let stand. Serve with cilantro and tamari.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.