Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
This noodle dish is served Japanese-style in a small portion of broth. Different varieties of soba noodles are available in natural foods stores and well-stocked supermarkets.
1. Bring the broth or water with bouillon cube to a simmer in a large saucepan. Add the noodles and cook at a rapid boil until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oils plus ¼ cup water in a stir-fry pan. Stir in the ginger and soy sauce, then add the snow peas and mushrooms. Cook over medium-high, stirring frequently, until the snow peas are tender-crisp and the mushrooms are wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add the cooked noodles and their broth and the scallions. Season with pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes longer. Serve at once in shallow bowls, including some of the broth with each serving.
Nutritional information is provided by the author.
Total fat: 7 g
Protein: 10 g
Fiber: 4.1 g
Carbohydrates: 43 g
Cholesterol: 0 g
Sodium: 203 mg
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.