Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
These carrots are a good accompaniment to roast beef, pork, lamb, or poultry.
Complete through the end of step 2 several hours in advance, then finish cooking just before serving.
1. Place the carrots, orange zest and juice, butter, sugar, and garlic in a small saucepan, and season with salt and pepper. Add enough cold water to barely cover the carrots.
2. Bring to a boil, then cover and cook over a medium-high heat for 8–10 minutes, or until the carrots are just tender.
3. Remove the cover and boil until all the liquid has evaporated and the carrots are glazed and golden at the edges, shaking the pan occasionally to prevent sticking. Just before serving, sprinkle in the thyme leaves.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.