Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
These carrots are a good accompaniment to roast beef, pork, lamb, or poultry.
Complete through the end of step 2 several hours in advance, then finish cooking just before serving.
1. Place the carrots, orange zest and juice, butter, sugar, and garlic in a small saucepan, and season with salt and pepper. Add enough cold water to barely cover the carrots.
2. Bring to a boil, then cover and cook over a medium-high heat for 8–10 minutes, or until the carrots are just tender.
3. Remove the cover and boil until all the liquid has evaporated and the carrots are glazed and golden at the edges, shaking the pan occasionally to prevent sticking. Just before serving, sprinkle in the thyme leaves.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today