Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Recipe by: Mario Batali | from Molto Italiano: 327 Simple Italian Recipes to Cook at HomeCookstr
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
These are the gnocchi of my childhood, but we almost always ate them with an oxtail ragu (we lived to chew on the little “hubcap” bones on the sides of the pinwheels of the oxtail bones). This is a much quicker and lighter recipe, one that your friends will want to eat. My friends used to think we were the odd ones on the block, they who ate frozen dinners in front of the TV.
1. Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot, and add 2 tablespoons salt.
2. Meanwhile, core the tomatoes and chop them into ¼-inch cubes, reserving all the juices.
3. In a 10- to 12-inch sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until smoking. Add the garlic and cook until light golden brown, about 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes and their juices and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the olives and remove from the heat.
4. Drop the gnocchi into the boiling water and cook until they float to the surface, about 3 minutes. Drain.
5. Carefully add the gnocchi to the pan with the tomato mixture. Return to the heat and toss gently until bubbling. Add the mozzarella and marjoram and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a warmed serving dish, and serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings, includes 1/2 teaspoon of added salt, and does not include Gnocchi. For nutritional information on Gnocchi, please follow the link above.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.