Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
There is something appealing about a crisp Greek salad. I think it’s the way the feta cheese turns creamy once everything is tossed with the vinaigrette. A sliver of radicchio intensifies the colors, and parsley adds that garden-fresh flavor I love. Feta sold loose in brine is much better than the feta that’s sold in a sealed package; you can find it in the cheese department of the supermarket or in cheese shops. Romaine hearts make a great salad green. Any extra dressing can be covered and refrigerated for 3 or 4 days.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Place the bread slices in a bowl, sprinkle the olive oil over them, and toss. Spread the slices out in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Set them aside.
3. Separate the romaine lettuce leaves, discarding any tough or bruised leaves. Rinse the leaves under cold running water, drain them well, and pat them dry. Tear the leaves into pieces.
4. Place the romaine in a large salad bowl, and add the radicchio, cucumber, tomato, onion, feta, and parsley.
5. Prepare the dressing: Whisk the vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in the olive oil; continue whisking until the dressing has thickened slightly.
6. Just before serving, season the salad with salt and pepper, and drizzle it lightly with the dressing. Sprinkle the lemon zest and juice over the salad, and toss. Toss in the croutons. Serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 4 servings.
Nutritional information is based on 1/4 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today