Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Mark Shapiro
The freshness of cucumber, tomato and red onion combines with the salty flavor of kalamata olives in this traditional Greek recipe.
Preheat panini grill to high.
1. Brush one side of each pita with oil. Place on a work surface, oiled side down, and spread hummus over half of each pita, dividing evenly and leaving a ½-inch (1 cm) border around the edges. Evenly layer onion to taste, cucumber, roasted peppers, olives, tomato and feta on top of hummus. Sprinkle with pepper and oregano. Fold pitas over filling, pressing gently to pack.
2. Place sandwiches in grill, close the top plate and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
Kalamata olives are packed in vinegar and cured, producing a rich, sour flavor. They’re great served as an appetizer or as a complement to salads and other dishes.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.