Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Mark Shapiro
The freshness of cucumber, tomato and red onion combines with the salty flavor of kalamata olives in this traditional Greek recipe.
Preheat panini grill to high.
1. Brush one side of each pita with oil. Place on a work surface, oiled side down, and spread hummus over half of each pita, dividing evenly and leaving a ½-inch (1 cm) border around the edges. Evenly layer onion to taste, cucumber, roasted peppers, olives, tomato and feta on top of hummus. Sprinkle with pepper and oregano. Fold pitas over filling, pressing gently to pack.
2. Place sandwiches in grill, close the top plate and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
Kalamata olives are packed in vinegar and cured, producing a rich, sour flavor. They’re great served as an appetizer or as a complement to salads and other dishes.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)