Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
This salad is a real winner among the seemingly endless repertoire of bean and walnut concoctions from Georgia. For a crunchier salad, serve it soon after adding the dressing; for a more piquant flavor, make it the day before, to allow the green beans to soak up the rich garlic, vinegar, and walnut flavors.
1. In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, water, and oil. Mix thoroughly. Let stand for 30 minutes.
2. Bring enough lightly salted water to a boil to cover the beans when added. Add the beans and boil until the beans are tender, about 7 minutes. Drain, refresh under cold running water, and drain again. Pat dry.
3. In a salad bowl, combine the beans and the onion. Add the dressing, cilantro, and more vinegar, if desired. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss well. Serve either chilled or at room temperature.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.