Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
Bizzeh b’jurah is so popular that there are rarely any leftovers. The key to its unique taste is the allspice, which turns mundane peas into something memorable. Serve alongside m’jedrah (Rice with Lentils), riz (Basic Syrian Rice), kusa b’jibin (Squash Cheese Pie), or dja-jeh mish mos (Sweet-and- Tart Chicken with Apricots).
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook the onions, stirring, until golden and soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until the garlic turns golden, about 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and cook until they begin to turn brown and soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Add the water and peas. Cover and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the salt, pepper, and allspice and mix well. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Serve hot in a medium-size bowl or over the rice.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information does not include Basic Syrian Rice for serving. For nutritional information on Basic Syrian Rice, please follow the link above.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.