Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
We’ve done this before and we’ll do it again, because we really like it: grilling something and then cutting it up and tossing it in a Buffalo wings mixture. The combination of the spicy mix and the smoke flavor really works well; in this case, it makes for an appetizer that people are wild about. You have to use the baby back ribs here, because they are tender enough to grill in a relatively short time. Just be sure that you don’t have the ribs directly over the fire while they’re cooking.
1. Start a fire well over to one side of a large kettle grill, using about enough coals to fill a large shoe box.
2. When the coals are well lit and covered with gray ash, place the meat on the side of the grill away from the coals, being careful that none of the meat is directly over the coals. Put the lid on the grill with the vents open one quarter of the way and cook for 20 minutes. Flip the ribs and cook them for an additional 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the olive oil, Tabasco, garlic, herbs, and salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
4. When the ribs are done, remove them from the fire and cut them apart. Toss them with the sauce mixture to coat thoroughly, then serve with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks if you want.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving, but does not include optional blue cheese dressing or celery sticks.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.