Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Recipe by: Victoria Blashford-Snell, Brigitte Hafner | from The Illustrated Kitchen BibleCookstr
Fresh pomegranate seeds enliven this warm salad.
1. To make the vinaigrette, whisk together the olive oil, pomegranate molasses, and cilantro, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside until ready to serve.
2. Preheat the grill pan over high heat. Brush both sides of the eggplant with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, turning once, about 5 minutes, until seared with grill marks and tender.
3. Layer the eggplants and shallots in a serving dish and pour the vinaigrette on top. Scatter with fresh pomegranate seeds and serve.
Grilled Eggplant with Feta Cheese
Substitute finely sliced red onion for the shallots. and scatter with 2oz (60g) crumbled feta cheese just before serving.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.