Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Members can print a free Rx discount card
Thanks to the veterans who served our country
Let us know how the new health care law helps you
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
For the Baste:
Combine all ingredients in a foil pan or heatproof pan and warm on the side of the grill.
1. If cooking salmon steaks, use a toothpick to secure the belly portion of each one.
2. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Glisten with canola oil.
3. Approximately 14 minutes. Preheat the BBQ to Medium-High. Set a griddle on the grill, add the butter, and let it melt.
4. Add the fish and cook, turning once or twice, for approximately 4 minutes to set the protein.
5. Meanwhile, cook the thyme, rosemary and crushed garlic cloves briefly on the griddle, about 1 minute.
6. Divide the herbs among the fish steaks and place a crushed garlic clove on top of each one.
7. Transfer the fish to the grill, keeping the herbs and garlic on top, and cook, turning frequently, always placing the thyme and garlic back on top, for 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
8. As the fish cooks, baste it lightly to keep it moist.
9. When the fish is done, it should be thoroughly opaque and flaking slightly; it will also be easily pulled away from the bone with the tip of a paring knife.
10. Serve, pouring the remainder of the baste on top of the fish.
Nutritional information is based on using salmon steaks, 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving, but does not include canola oil to brush on steaks.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today