Grilled Halibut Salad with Beet-Carrot Slaw
- 4 Servings
- Active Time
- 30 Minutes
- Total Time
- 30 Minutes
The halibut doesn’t stick or fall apart in this salad recipe because you grill it on foil. A beet and carrot slaw with tarragon-lemon vinaigrette makes this meal a standout.
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds halibut or swordfish, skinned
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 sprigs fresh tarragon plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped, divided
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 heads butterhead lettuce, torn
- 1 large beet, preferably golden or Chioggia, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Measure a piece of foil large enough to hold the fish and coat it with cooking spray. Place a layer of lemon slices on the foil and lay fish on the lemon slices. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and top with tarragon sprigs.
- Grill the fish on the foil (without turning) until it flakes easily, 12 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, lemon juice, chopped tarragon, mustard, pepper and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl.
- Toss lettuce with about 1/4 cup of the dressing in a large bowl; divide among 4 plates. Add beet and carrot to the bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Divide the fish and slaw among the plates (discard the tarragon sprigs and lemon slices). Drizzle with the remaining dressing.
Nutrients per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
Diabetic Exchanges 2 vegetable, 3 1/2 lean meat, 3 fat