Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Steve Larese
Amazingly, all the ingredients for this dish are grown in New Mexico. The flavors blend well and complement grilled trout.
1. Preheat grill to medium-high or 400F (205C). Position rack 3 inches above heat. Rinse trout and pat dry. Combine pecans, olive oil, garlic, green chile and cilantro, if using, in a small bowl. Cut lime in half crosswise and squeeze juice over pecan mixture. Slice remaining lime half into 4 rounds and set aside. Stuff cavity of each fish with pecan mixture, securing stuffing with wooden picks or small metal skewers
2. Using vegetable oil, lightly oil fish and place on grill rack. Grill about 6 minutes or until trout becomes lightly browned. Turn gently, keeping trout whole, and grill other side about 5 minutes or until fish begins to flake. Garnish with thin lime slices, cut in half and twisted.
Pecans can be toasted in a heavy skillet on the grill or indoors over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional information is based on using (4) 8oz fresh trout.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today