Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
I love fresh salsa with grilled fish and this is an unusual (and very colorful) salsa, made with blueberries and corn. I like to make it at the height of summer when both are in season.
1. Sprinkle the salmon with the cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
2. Cook the corn in boiling water about 5 minutes, cool, then cut the kernels from the cob. Combine in a bowl with the tomatoes, avocados, bell peppers, cilantro, lime juice, oil, and vinegar. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Build a hot charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill. Cook the salmon, turning once, until it is charred–almost blackened–on the outside and has reached the desired degree of doneness within. I like it still quite juicy, bordering on rare.
4. Add the blueberries to the salsa, stirring them in gently so as to avoid mushing them. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve the salmon with the salsa spooned over.
In a pinch, you could use 1 cup of thawed frozen corn kernels instead of the fresh corn.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today