Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
One day I wondered why no one ever grilled soft-shells and decided to experiment. The results were sensational!
1. Three hours before you plan to grill the crabs, whisk the lime juice, tequila, garlic, jalapeño pepper, and coriander together in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Place the crabs in a single layer in a shallow bowl. Pour the marinade over the crabs. Cover the bowl and let marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
2. Prepare charcoal or wood chips for grilling.
3. When the coals are quite hot, remove the crabs from the marinade and place them 3 to 4 inches from the heat. Grill just until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes each side. Transfer the crabs to a serving platter and drizzle with some of the marinade. Serve at once.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.