Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Perfect for summer, these vegetables are easy to prepare and go well with any main dish.Good with barbecued or grilled steaks or chops.
Prepare ahead: The vegetables can marinate in step 1 for several hours. Or cook them a day in advance and serve at room temperature.
1. Arrange the zucchini, red and yellow peppers, eggplant, and fennel, cut-sides up, in a large nonmetallic dish. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Spoon over the vegetables, and marinate at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, light an outdoor grill or preheat the broiler. Oil the grill grate or the broiler pan.
3. Lift the vegetables out of the marinade, and place them on the grill or broiler rack. Cook for 3–5 minutes on each side, or until tender and lightly charred, brushing with the marinade. Serve warm or at room temperature, drizzled with remaining marinade and sprinkled with parsley.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today