Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Kate Sears
1. Have ready a large, flat plate and make room in the fridge.
2. Heat the chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan or in the microwave in a medium bowl until just melted. Add the bourbon and stir until smooth and blended. Pour in ½ cups of the crushed cookies (save the remainder for coating). Stir until well blended.
3. Refrigerate until chilled and firm enough to shape, stirring frequently, about 20 minutes (for faster chilling, pop the bowl in the freezer).
4. Pour the remaining ½ cup crushed cookies into a small bowl. Shape the dough into 1¼-inch balls. Roll each ball in the remaining cookies until lightly coated and set on the plate. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve or for up to 4 days. Serve slightly chilled.
In place of the bourbon, switch in one of the following:
• 3 tablespoons orange juice or water
• 3 to 4 tablespoons other liqueur (dark rum, amaretto, orange liqueur, Frangelico, etc.)
Gussy It Up:
Roll the bourbon balls in chopped pistachios instead of cookie crumbs.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 24 servings, and using 4 tablespoons of bourbon.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today