Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
This popular dip, which has its origins in Mexico, can also be used as a condiment for grilled meats and seafood.
1. Pit and skin the avocados. Place the flesh in a medium bowl and combine with a fork or potato masher until the mixture is mashed but somewhat chunky.
2. Add the lime juice then the onion, tomato, and chiles. Mix well, then stir in the cilantro. Season with salt to taste.
3. Fold in the sour cream, if using. Mound the guacamole into a serving bowl, garnish with cilantro sprigs, and serve immediately. If you cannot serve the guacamole immediately, cover it with plastic wrap, pressing it directly on the surface of the guacamole.
Good with tortilla chips.
Chop the onions, tomato, garlic, and chiles in advance but do not combine with the avocado until just before serving.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 12 servings, 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving and does not include optional sour cream.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.