Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
Halibut’s mild white flesh takes well to aromatic pressure steaming, which preserves its firm, flaky texture and unassertive flavor. Butter swirled with lime and dotted with dill and black olives adds enrichment and color at the same time. Sea bass, salmon, or bluenose steaks or fillets will also do for the fish, but for the sauce, the butter must be butter-margarine won’t turn out a smooth blend because it doesn’t bind well with the lime.
1. Sprinkle the fish with salt. Place a trivet in the pressure cooker and spread half of the dill sprigs and onion slices on it. Set the fish on top and cover with the remaining dill sprigs and onion slices. Pour in the wine and water, lock on the lid, and bring to pressure over high heat, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat right away and let sit for 5 minutes to finish cooking.
2. With the steam vent pointed away from your face, gently release any remaining pressure. Transfer the fish to a serving platter, leaving behind the dill sprigs and onion slices and reserving the cooking liquid. Set the fish aside in a warm place and prepare the sauce.
3. Heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until melted but not foaming. Whisk in the lime juice and cooking liquid, stirring until smooth. Swirl in the dill and olives. Use right away.
4. Pour the sauce over the top and serve.
Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today